Monday 21 November 2016

Analytical Reflection on Oral Presentation

Our team did a presentation for our project on reducing overcrowding in public buses. Being the first team to present, I was relatively pressurized since I was unable to see how others perform and avoid making the same mistakes.  However, I thought I did slightly better than my expectation. Prior to the presentation, I constantly stuttered while I practiced according to a drafted script. Fortunately, my efforts paid off and I managed to deliver my part smoothly during the presentation.

Although my presentation was relatively smooth, there are still many areas for improvement. The audience pointed out that I stood behind the podium throughout my presentation instead of standing in front of them. I agree that I should have stood confidently in front of the crowd. This is an essential tip for my future presentations. By showing confidence, my future audience might have a higher chance of accepting my proposals.

For my team’s presentation, I was responsible for planning and designing the slides. I minimized the number of words on each slide and added in many pictures so that the audiences can easily read and understand the points we explained. However, due to the lack of practice as a team, the slide show for my teammates did not went as how I expected it to be. Our points also did not seem to link well and it felt like we were simply presenting our own parts. From this experience, I realised the importance of team communication. In the future, I would practice more with my teammates before the presentation and ensure that all of us know the flow of the slides.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Derrick! You gave a very clear outline on your learning experience pertaining to presentation. How you improved your skills from before and how your preparations better prepare you for the final presentation. I agree with the part where we have to be confident for the audience to buy our idea.

    Cheers
    Dayn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dayn,

      Thank you for taking your time to leave a comment. I hope to have more confidence for my future presentations.

      Enjoy your holidays!

      Delete
  2. Hi Brad,

    Thank you for taking your time to leave a comment. I am glad to have this experience in the first trimester and this allows me to reflect and learn from my mistakes for my future presentations. I will continue to work hard on my weaknesses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Thanks for sharing this blog its very helpful to implement in our work


    Regards

    LANDSCAPE COMPANY IN PUNE MAHARASHTRA

    ReplyDelete